I need hours to write about my past three days here...actually about the emotional roller coaster that I've been riding since Thanksgiving because of where I am right now...and how the Lord was there the whole time.
Flashback for those who never heard the story:
Architecture students at UT can do an internship for 6/7 months instead of taking a semester of school. Since freshman year my plan has been to do it in the summer and fall of 2011, hopefully in Africa or South America for poor children. When the semester began, I started praying regularly and desperately for some direction about residency because one day I would think I was supposed to be in Austin, Berlin, Seattle, Uganda... I got nothing definite, but I was okay with that. God had it under control. I stopped praying about it. He had heard me, and besides, I had a whole semester and a half to figure it out. One day, Katie Palmerton encouraged me and reminded me to pray without ceasing. So I plopped down in the union between classes and started praying. Please, God, tell me what to do about residency SOON... In the middle of my sentence I felt moved to check something online, and my friend Justin had messaged me that the firm he was working for wanted to hire for the spring. boom. After MANY hours of prayer and tears (shout out to K Tarv) I decided that it wasn't a coinsidence. I made sure I could still apply, sought some wise people's thoughts and set about making a portfolio to send in...and now I'm here (because I got the job). "My plans are higher than your plans" anyone?
Day .5 (leaving Dallas and arriving at Trevor, Charles and Clayton's apartment 12 hours later)
Was hard, made bearable by my sweet friends that I got to see the night before, and made unbearable by how sweet my dad and brother were when they dropped me off. Shaking, tears and frustration.
Day 1 and 2 were great! I like where I work and what they ask me to do and who I work with.
A few other people are staying in the boys' apt too, so it's been fun to have a lot of people to hang out with after work! All these lovely new friends are so friendly, and I've loved being here! I'll talk more about the actual city and answer all the questions I can imagine you're thinking right now.
Still looking for a permanent place to rest my head! But still hopeful! Love you, not homesick yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment