Friday, May 20, 2011

Surprise Surprise Surprise!

We just turned in our HERHER masterplanning project last night, after countless weeks of 9:30am-11pm workdays. (am I ever going to adjust to the southern early 8am office hours?) And Mike (my awesome supervisor) said it went VERY well--which, may as well be gold in my hands. So all I have on my mind is tacos with the office for lunch and a wonderful weekend in ANNAPOLIS!!

But, first a step back...I got to go HOME last weekend!!! I wanted to write about it all week, but it needed to be a surprise. My sweet, generous, selfless neighbors called me about two weeks ago and offered to fly me down to see my bro graduate law school!! This was perfect because A. I didn't get to see him graduate Baylor, and really wish I had. B. My grandpa and uncle were coming in too, so it would be a full-fledged family affair and C. I was missing the whole state of Texas VERY much.

I had looked into buying a ticket a few weeks earlier, but couldn't quite afford one, and wasn't sure if I could take a day off of work (Friday). When Kathy called to suggest the idea, I jumped up from my seat and asked Mike's permission right away. He said "of course" (did I mention he's awesome?). I booked the flight. And I was on cloud 9 for the next week and a half!

The weekend was wonderful--just short and sweet and much needed. The best part was that no one had ANY idea that I was coming!!! (I literally cried on the plane as we flew over downtown because I was so excited) And I was so proud of Clay for making it through law school--which I do not recommend and will never attempt.

BUT I'm at work, soooo I should finish later.
I'll put pictures of the Navy dance on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment