Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My prayer today, just now at my desk, started like this: Please God, let my meeting with C go well today. Let it go smoothly and quickly and let him be pleased with me.

I was slightly anxious all morning, and after planning on praying about the (very unimportant yet solo) meeting many times, I actually had the chance to think complete thoughts to the Lord at my desk. I typed out my prayer, and as I begged the Lord to give me favor with my boss, my words quickly rerouted. I am scared of a man? These words surfaced:

What can man do to me? For I am convinced that neither life nor death, angels nor demons, height nor depth nor all the powers in creation can seperate me from the love that is in Jesus Christ.

I know those are not the actual verses verbatum, but want to incribe them on my hands and arms and heart- somewhere where I will remember them daily and feel the warmth of my God who sees me. I am overwhelmed by the power of those words, and its implications. Nothing can harm me.

Except maybe awkwardly waiting for the presentation to load as we sit in silence...

No comments:

Post a Comment