Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just a quick check in!

"Let us know. Let us press on to know the Lord. His going out is as sure as the dawn. He will come to us like showers; like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3

I know I haven't kept up with this blog, but New York has been wonderful. I'm going to start from this week on and post once a week as promised, but there is too much to catch you up on before I go to sleep in 2 minutes.

Personally right now, and these past weeks, I've been considering what it means to press on to know the Lord and leave my deep rooted idols behind. Over and over God's been teaching me (through the past month of sermons) how much I rely on and seek my own control over my life, and He's been sweetly showing me how that desire sits as the root of much of my heart--sins being the symptom of the underlying want for control. He has continued to provide as He said He would.

Lots of new Brooklyn friends (answer to prayer) new work friends (answer to prayer) and lots of interesting work (answer to prayer). I still miss and love Texas, and everyone there. I haven't been converted into a New Yorker yet :)

love you

No comments:

Post a Comment