Monday, April 18, 2011

Tired at work

I'm at work, so sleepy, and the pile of paint samples I've been organizing for the past week is waning to an unclimatic end. I think I'll take a long lunch before my 1:30 meeting with Calvin...

The weekend was wonderful, and I'm SO looking forward to Easter weekend. Three reasons: 1. I get Good Friday off (but, from past experience I am not quite counting on it, just in case) Then again, for all the Sunday's I've worked for T&M, I think I should be able to take one self propelled Sabbath 2. I am helping with the Bowery Women's shelter on Saturday. A few Apostles girls are getting together and cooking a big dinner for the women. We get to do everything- decide on the menu, shop for the ingredients, cook from scratch. I'm pumped. and 3. Easter Easter Easter. I joined the Easter choir, so we'll be performing at both services. Awesome. At noon the boys of 62 Pearl are hosting a HUGE Easter brunch. Yum. I want to bake some of Scott's cornbread for the occasion.

I've also been getting to go to the Brooklyn community group on Tuesday nights, and have made so many wonderful Brooklyn friends! Not to discriminate, but since it takes an hour to get to my Manhattan friends' apts, I need Brooklyn friends. Yesterday, some girls that live nearby and my roomate and I had a taco picnic in Prospect Park. It was BEAUTIFUL! A little chilly, but the sun was out and the park was COVERED with people! Flying kites, taking naps, playing ridiculous, odd games, teaching their children how to catch, walking their dogs...It was a prime people watching locale. A great Sunday to top off an eventful weekend.

Friday, I got some friends together to go to Lepoissonrouge's Freedom Party that a coworker had invited me to. Before hand, a bunch of us got together and made/watched Trevor's friend-in-town make us a Mexican lasagna. And ate chips and queso. And chips and salsa. And peanut butter chocolate krispies. We headed over to the dance party around 11:30 (yes, we thought it was too late too) not knowing what to expect. Picture a soul train dance party. Rachel, my coworker, was so glad we came, so we danced for a couple hours and headed our seperate ways.

Saturday I considered going to the Yankees/Rangers game, but all of the sudden the weather had freaked and it was miserably cold and rainy. So I turned up the electric blanket and slept wayyy in. Went to an Apostles boy's surprise birthday party with some girls after pizza at London's apt, and danced some more. I have blisters on the bottom of my feet, but it was so fun. I love dancing, and I always try to do Tarvin proud :)

Sunday you know about, plus a great church service and dumplings afterward from the Dumpling Man (delicious). Now it's Monday, (monday monday yeaaah) Mike is back which means I may not be doing paint samples/trying to stay busy for much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment