Monday, April 18, 2011

Things I...

Things I am very much looking forward to in the near and distant future (this is by no means a comprehensive list, I look most forward to seeing you):
1. Wilderness. Everything. The bus ride. The people I miss more than life itself. Being in Austin for a day before and after. Hiking and eating and sleeping on a mountain. I am borrowing hiking boots from people up here and have started running before work so I'll be able to keep up with the younguns!
2. My flight back to Texas for Wilderness. Jet Blue, Friday June 10th. I can't wait to touch the grass and eat breakfast tacos, and Chick-fil-A, and bbq, and enchiladas, and yogurt planet, and Whataburger...and wear shorts. I very much want to be warm right now.
3. Going to see How to Succeed in Business on Friday with Charles (though he doesn't know it yet) We've been trying to find a time to wait in line for student rush tickets, but I've just realized Friday might be our only chance for a while.
4. Cookie Day at work.
5. Cinco de Mayo. I do plan on celebrating, and I do plan on looking up what the day is for first.
6. Running tomorrow morning. I KNOW! I NEVER thought I'd say that, but I really look forward to running in the mornings now. (see #1) Shoot, I'll carry all the packs!
7. Talia's wedding. Oh. My. Gosh. How can I love someone so much when I only see them once every other year? And it'll be in Cali. I'll take any excuse to go to Cali.
8. Kels Pels's wedding
9. K Palm's wedding I love love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. Flying home and falling into the arms of every single person I miss.
11. Weekend trips to visit Rachel in Fredricksburg (though she also doesn't know this yet)
12. Taking a nap on a couch in the sun.
13. Riding my bike. Any bike.
14. The annual NY Lone Star chili cookoff. Texas Exes and A&M Alums still hash it out up here, and I will participate in the goodness.
15. Graduating... Too far? (but also looking forward to a college class schedule again)
16. Watching my friends graduate. High school and college...
17. Really learning German. I checked out a workbook from the library. Learn German in 10 minutes a day! Der Sohn und die Tochter sind auch bruder und schwester!
18. Going to sleep tonight. I'm tired...

Things I am not looking forward to:
1. Leaving this place and all these wonderful people

No comments:

Post a Comment